Vessel Entry Requirements
Having regard to the Russian Federation environmental policy and in particular Federal law «On specially protected natural territories» of 14 March 1995 № 33-ФЗ, provision on FSBI Kronotsky Federal Nature Biosphere Reserve (adopted by Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation 16.05.2001), provision on FSBI Koryak Nature Reserve (adopted by Minis-try of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation 17.02.2004 №156), provision on South Kamchatka Federal Sanctuary (adopted by Ministry of Natural Resources and Environ-ment of the Russian Federation 19.08.2009 №254) the following restrictions are applied in the ma-rine protected areas:
1) waters are closed to commercial fishing, fishing gears on the territory of the nature re-serves and the sanctuary are prohibited
2) passage and parking of vehicles, berthing of vessels and other types of watercraft must be coordinated with the management authority or with Ministry of Natural Resources and Environ-ment of the Russian Federation
3) other activities involving reduced environmental values of the territory or damage to fauna and natural habitat are prohibited
Permission for entry is issued to legal persons. Written application need not comply with any specific form and must include the following information:
— vessel owner (lessee)
— vessel name
— type of vessel
— ship number
— port of registry
— captain’s last name, first name and patronymic
— number of crew members and passengers
— purpose and duration of visit
— point of entry (coordinates, nearest geographic object)
— contact information Application for permission must be submitted in advance:
1. by e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. by fax: +7(41531)7-39-05,
3. by regular mail: 48 Ryabikova Street, Yelizovo, Kamchatka krai, 684000, Russia.
The original of permission may be obtained at conservation areas protection division of FSBI “Kronotsky state reserve” (48 Ryabikova Street, Yelizovo, Kamchatka krai). If necessary a copy of permission can be sent to the contact person indicated in application.
The original or a copy of permission authenticated by vessel stamp is required on board upon entering the protected area and for the entire duration of the stay.
Permission to enter marine protected areas of the reserves and the sanctuary is issued due to unforeseen circumstances or force majeure, severe weather conditions and passing oncoming ves-sels. The specified permission is free of charge. In such cases the captain, vessel owner or lessee must notify the FSBI “Kronotsky state reserve” management authority and submit the application by any means available in particular telegraph, radio, fax, telephone (FSBI “Kronotsky state re-serve” duty officer telephone number: 8-924-891-52-36).